Businesses and their owners face a variety of complex legal issues when considering a merger, stock or asset purchase or sale, or other business combination. Our Business Law Group's integrated approach ensures that strategic and financial buyers, business owners and investors have access to subject matter experts in all phases of their transactions, from the term sheet through to closing. We offer our business clients knowledgeable insights and hands-on support on:
- Due diligence investigations
- Transaction structuring, including integration of financing
- Executive compensation and equity planning
- Tax planning and structuring to ensure the most tax efficient result
- Obtaining necessary governmental, regulatory and contractual consents
- Reviewing and updating trust and estate plans in response to liquidity events
We also represent nonprofits and foundations in all facets of merger and acquisition transactions. Learn more about our Nonprofit Group.
- A large health data analytics firm hired us to serve as counsel in multiple acquisitions with values ranging from approximately $10 million to $80 million. Our attorneys handled all aspects of the transactions, including negotiation of terms, legal due diligence, drafting and negotiation of the definitive deal documents and closing.
- We provided end to end support to a long-time client in the sale of his business to a strategic buyer in the disaster recovery space, which included negotiation of all facets of the transaction, including executive employment and compensation arrangements as well as roll over equity interests. We guided the deal through to a successful close for approximately $45 million in total consideration.
- We led a private equity firm’s acquisition of a distressed regional consumer product/home delivery business, which required simultaneous negotiation with an array of stakeholders, including multiple creditors, shareholders, third-party contract partners and the target company’s landlord. We continue to serve as outside general counsel to the operating company.
- H&B handled all aspects of the sale of a longstanding client to a foreign conglomerate, including navigating complex international structuring requirements, intricate employment arrangements involving foreign employees, negotiating the deal terms and bringing the transaction to a successful close.
- Served as lead deal counsel in the recapitalization of a client investment services company. This transaction grew increasingly complex as the client negotiated a minority private equity investment and debt to finance the buyout of the majority owner. We successfully guided our clients through numerous competing priorities, arriving at a successful conclusion whereby the Company is now majority owned by its management level employees.