We understand that financing is fundamental to the success of any business organization. Our Business Law Group has decades of experience working with private companies and investors throughout the process. From selecting the best source of funds and negotiating terms through closing, Hemenway & Barnes' lawyers serve as trusted advisors in structuring sophisticated financings.
We are experienced in a range of financing transactions, including:
- Bank and other institutional loans
- Private placements of debt
- Private equity
- Venture capital
H&B advises a range of businesses and frequently works with both early-stage companies and their investors to structure equity deals that are mutually beneficial. We also represent borrowers and financial lenders in commercial real estate projects. Learn more about our commercial real estate financing experience here.
- A start-up beverage company asked H&B to develop the financing terms and investment documentation for their Series A financing round.
- A private equity fund serving as lead investor in a benefit corporation retained H&B to conduct the due diligence and negotiate the financing documentation in this growing field of sustainable investments.
- An early-stage health payment systems technology company engaged H&B to help the start-up through multiple rounds of venture capital-led financing.
- A private equity fund needed help with a $4 million investment in a confections company. The firm provided counsel for the investment, which was made in multiple tranches in different stages of the company's business cycles.