As businesses grow or downsize, their needs for space change. Landlords and tenants, therefore, often seek our counsel in leasing office, warehouse, industrial and retail space.
We focus on identifying important issues related to each client's particular needs and goals. Clients benefit when we ensure that these issues are identified and addressed in discussions about a potential lease and, ultimately, when a lease is drawn up.
- We represent a national bank in reviewing and advising on commercial leases for financing and refinancing office, retail, research & development, biotech, warehouse, industrial and other real estate developments.
- A state university relies on Hemenway & Barnes to negotiate its office, warehouse and storage leases.
- We represent a real estate developer in negotiating leases for newly constructed office and retail space in Cambridge.
- We represent an alternative-energy developer in negotiating long-term leases with landowners for solar, wind and transmission energy projects.
- We represent an artist live-work community condominium and cooperative in leasing their adjacent retail space located in downtown Boston.
- A family trust holding a portfolio of commercial properties engaged Hemenway & Barnes to negotiate, draft and execute industrial and office leases.
- An automobile parts distributor hired us to help them lease 30,000 sq. ft. of space for a new headquarters.
- A multi-state corporation sought our assistance in negotiating leases with landlords for office space throughout the country.
- A local real estate developer of office, industrial and warehouse space hired Hemenway & Barnes to negotiate and prepare leases on their behalf.
- A Boston-based law firm hired Hemenway & Barnes to negotiate their sublease in a downtown office building.
- A non-U.S. tech company hired us to represent them in negotiating a new office lease for their expanding operations in Massachusetts.
- A biotech company engaged Hemenway & Barnes to negotiate a lease in East Boston for office use, research & development, and veterinary training.
- We represent the owner of amulti-tenant industrial building in South Boston in commercial leasing matters.
The Real Estate Law Group provides comprehensive real estate representation in all aspects of commercial real estate law. We also assist clients with