Leading businesses seek our help in a broad range of commercial disputes. These have included matters involving:
- Real estate issues
- Employment claims
- Business "divorces"
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims between partners
- Shareholder disputes
- Noncompetition agreements
- Technology service agreements
Clients include small and medium-sized companies, nonprofit institutions, individuals, partners, stockholders and officers and directors.
Despite their variety, our business litigation clients all rely on our litigators' skill and experience in negotiating successful business outcomes. If a negotiated resolution is not possible on advantageous terms, clients can rightly expect a zealous representation from our litigation team in court. This includes through a trial, if necessary.
The most practical, cost-effective resolution possible.
- An owner of a closely-held business needed help with a dispute with his co-owner involving claims of breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract and misrepresentation. We obtained summary judgment on his behalf.
- A professional trustee hired Hemenway & Barnes to defend him against claims of breach of fiduciary duty and mismanagement of trust assets. We obtained a favorable settlement involving no payment by our client.
- A private equity firm hired us to defend them against a tort claim arising from one of their acquired company's business operations.